Friday, July 4, 2008

A slice of heaven

One of my favorite pleasures is to lie out on my deck with a nice cigar, a good scotch and something intelligent to read - with no wife or kids around to make noise and ruin it.

I just spent an hour lying out on my deck enjoying a nice breeze, smelling the fragrant applewood smoke wafting from my smoker, smoking a great cigar purchased for me by my son, drinking a good scotch (Talisker) purchased for me by my soon to be ex in-laws and poured by my daughter and enjoying the company of my 3 wonderful kids.

I'm not sure it gets any better than that.

[If you're female between the ages of 23.7 and 40, highly intelligent, a nonconformist, very good looking, and you think that experience could have been topped, I'm open to being proven wrong.]

No comments: