Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's nice to meet interesting people

I'm in Amsterdam now. Will head to Israel tomorrow. I'm traveling with my brother and we came to Amsterdam via London.

On my flight to London I had the opportunity to sit next to a very nice, interesting woman. We had a few minutes of laughs and then I asked her what she did for a living. She told me she sells apples. I thought that was sort of a weird way of saying you sell Apple products. But she actually sells apples. The fruit.

Somehow I thought apples just magically appear on display in my local grocery store. And I would have gone on thinking just that if not for this flight. She also told me something very interesting and disappointing about apples. Destroyed a fundamental part of my belief system. But she swore me to secrecy so I can't tell. (Don't worry, they do keep the doctor away.)

I'm not going to post her name for obvious reasons. But if you read this, interesting apple lady, thanks for a very enjoyable flight. [OK, I just re-read that and it sounds like I had a way better flight than I did. It wasn't that enjoyable :) We just had a few interesting conversations.] And by the way, next time I take a chance and strike up a conversation with someone sitting next to me on a flight, it's probably going to go real badly. I'm going to get several hours of hearing about someone's hemorrhoids. And I will blame you!

No comments: