Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So why do I stay?

Several people have read my previous posts regarding the nature of large organizations and have read through the lines to surmise that I am not entirely happy in my current job. They are wondering why I stay.

Well here it is: Nobody is entirely happy. I'm not even sure that's the point of it all. More importantly, large organizations have the potential to generate significant impact. When they fail, they cause a lot of damage, and when they succeed they create a lot of value. It seems worth it to me to try and find a way to help a large organization learn the behaviors of nimble organizations while still benefiting from the advantages of size.

It is a difficult challenge. But if I can succeed at this, I will feel quite good about it.

Also, I have the best boss ever. And that makes work a lot more enjoyable.

No comments: