Monday, August 4, 2008

A great time in Philadelphia

Had to go to Philly for an all day meeting today. So I drove down last night and stayed downtown. Went to Monk's Cafe which is a very well known beer bar (see the Beer Advocate review). Had two fantastic beers. Then, because I had never done this and feel that all Americans should, I went jogging from my hotel up the famous Rocky Steps. At midnight. On my way up, someone shouted "Hey Rocky" because no tourist has ever done that run! Hey, it's not original, but neither is breathing. It's just something you've got to do. It should be required before anyone can get a Green Card or become a citizen of these United States.

It was such a beautiful crisp night. On my way from the run back to my hotel, I spent about an hour taking photos because there was so much to photograph.

World-class beer. The Rocky steps. Beautiful scenery. Perfect weather. It doesn't really get any better than that. [And no, it would not have been better to jog while drinking the beer. That would work for Bud or Miller. Not for first-rate Belgian brews which deserve to be savored.]







No comments: